Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Narrative


The world around me seems gray and colorless as I make my way around, following the scent of a gentle sea breeze. As I make my way towards the water, an explosion of bright color appears before my eyes and I let it capture me. The color absorbs me into what I am assuming is an entryway, and makes it difficult to contemplate where the wall ends and the ceiling begins. A cool colored light catches my attention; I walk towards it. Once I clear the bright color fog, I realize the cool colored lit space, is actually just a neutral colored volume filled with natural light. The space I just entered is exploding with activity. Large groups of people are gathered, visitors are moving about on multiple levels, and even further up I can see workers moving from space to space. Glimpses of color appear scattered about, protruding away from this big expansive space I am, question is how do you get to them? A maze of circulation leads me to each space, some spaces are neutral colors, but others explode in color and throw my perception for a loop. Each time I enter a space, the color swallows me, and a warm or cool colored light always guides me out. I find my way back outside, and the whole world around me appears different, the colors of the environment around me appear in a new and vibrant way, as I make my way towards the waters edge to gaze at the city skyline.









No comments:

Post a Comment